Summer 2017 Learn to Skate flyer here
Skate Rental for Learn to Skate Programs: $4
Learn to Skate Hockey
1, 2 and 3
- Learn to Skate Hockey 1 is for skaters looking to eventually play organized hockey. The skaters will learn the basic maneuvers needed to compete in the game of hockey. In order to be considered for Hockey 2 or our Future Rangers clinic, skaters must be able to show the capacity to execute the following skating maneuvers on the ice; Fall down and get up, march in place, rock side to side, jump, walk and run on the ice, forward glide, forward swizzles, snow plow stop, two feet turn, forward strides.
- Learn to Skate Hockey 2 is for skaters who want to continue to improve their skating skills and will also be eligible to participate in our Hockey Development Clinics on Mondays or Saturdays. Hockey 2 classes will involve skating skills such as; stops and starts, cross overs, backward strides, agility turning and pivoting with moreemphasis on edge work and over all hockey strides.
- Learn to Skate Hockey 3 Hockey 3 must be ages 10 and up, and have skating experience. Class will prepare you to join and keep up with clinics, and in house teams. Both Hockey levels 1 & 2 may be combined due to enrollment.
Click here for further information
Hockey 1 and 2
(Spring 2017 - updated 3/20/2017)
- TOT 1 - For beginners ages 3 1/2-6 years old. Skaters learn
the proper way to fall, proper way to get up, marching in a standing position and while moving.
- TOT 2 - Tot 2 is for the skater who graduates Tot 1. It is
for ages 3 1/2-6 years old. Skaters learn the skills of a two foot jump in place, forward swizzle,
single swizzle, and begin a two foot glide.
- TOT 3 - Tot 3 is for the Tot 2 graduate. It is for ages
3 1/2-6 years old. Skaters learn the skills of push and glide stroking, preparation for snowplow
stop, dip and forward swizzles.
- TOT 4 - T-Position and Push (Right & Left)
Backward Swizzle, Two-Foot or One-Food Snowplow stop and backward wiggle.
My Tot and Me
- Have fun ice-skating with your child. We make it easy with creative play and
interactive learning games that teach little ones basic ice skating skills.
- Each 7-week session meets once a week, with 1/2 hour class time. When you sign up
you will receive a FREE pass to practice on unlimited public sessions!
- For safety's sake, all tots (age 7 & under) are required to wear helmets (hockey
helmets with full face shield are required if wearing hockey skates), and dress in
warm comfortable clothes! Oh yes ... and don't forget those gloves!
Click here for further information
(Spring/Summer 2017 - updated 4/11/2017)
- RISING STARS - Do you have a Tot or homeschooler who would love to start learning how to skate? Our Rising Stars program is perfect for our early risers who need to burn energy in the morning. Our class begins at 10:00am on Thursday or Friday mornings and runs for 30 minutes. Our Rising Stars will learn all the necessary skating skills to prepare them for figure skating or hockey. Unlimited public skating is also included. Click here for further information
(Fall 2016 - updated 8/16/2016)
- NEW SKATER - Proper way to fall down & get up, march forward across the ice,
beginning two-foot glide and dip while moving. Forward swizzle, introduction rocking horse,
snowplow stop and backward wiggles introduction.
- PRE-ALPHA - Two-foot glide, one-foot glide right and left, forward &
backward swizzles, backward wiggle, alternating forward 1/2 pumps in a straight line and snowplow stops. Push
& glide stroking, forward slalom, Forward pumping on a circle, FOE on circle, FIE on circle, backward 2 ft glide.
- ALPHA - Skaters will learn more push & glide stroking, slaloms, forward pumping
and edge and backward glides.
- BETA - The Alpha graduate ages 7 and up. Skaters learn the skills of backward stroking,
backward crossover R & L, T-stop right and left, backward snowplow stop and two-foot turn on a circle.
- PRE GAMMA - Forward outside 3-turn and forward inside 3-turn introduction, forward
inside Mohawk introduction right and left, BO edge to FO edge transition R&L, BI edge to FI edge transition R & L
side toe hops.
- GAMMA - For the Beta graduates ages 7 and up. Skaters learn the skills of RFO 3-turn,
LFO 3-turn, RFI Mohawk and LFI Mohawk combination and hockey stop.
- DELTA - RFI 3-turn, LFI 3-turn, FO & FI consecutive edges, Shoot the duck or
lunge, bunny hop.